Calendar of Activities
Our calendar is up-to-date with fall activities (Sept - November), including outings, special events, and trail work dates
The public is welcome and we encourage all new members to attend! All leaders are Bread Loaf Section members. Please contact the Outing Leaders a few days before the event to find out all necessary details as well as the level of difficulty. Events that are dog friendly are so noted. For additional events of interest, scroll to look below the calendar.
Annual cliff closings in Vermont
- Cliff trails are closed during peregrine falcon nesting season March 15-August 1st.
- Raven Ridge Trail in Monkton is closed March 1- June 15th.
- Some of our leaders are now listing their outings on MeetUp.com. check out our page at
- Remember... "Pop-up" hikes, updates and changes often happen after our newsletters are printed/published, therefore, always check our website outings information at: Outings/Calendar or MeetUp.com (see "NEW" above).
Other events of interest in Addison County:
- Monthly Wildlife Walks. Otter Creek Audubon & Middlebury Area Land Trust (MALT) Monthly Wildlife Walks are open to community members to help survey birds and other wildlife at Otter View Park in Middlebury and the Hurd Grassland in Weybridge. For dates and detailed listings of upcoming outings, visit the MALT website or Otter Creek Audubon website.
Abbey Pond Trail, a favorite hike
Have you hiked up to Abbey Pond lately? All year 'round, it is a favorite Middlebury hike!
Significant trail improvements were completed on the upper trail in Aug. 2013, and this year additional rock work on stream crossings was completed in October 2014 (photos) thanks to generous donations to the Levi Duclos Memorial Fund.
Check out our photos (slideshow) taken on our Sunday, October 20, 2013 hike so you can appreciate portions of the "new" trail.
For more background and photos, go to our Abbey Pond Trail Project page.